BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
- Responsibility for the details of the bookings and for payments lies with the account owner making the booking.
- All bookings will be confirmed by email.
- Acceptance of our Terms & Conditions means that you are liable for full payment of the booking.
- Part or full payment is regarded as acceptance of our booking conditions.
- KitCrew Camps accepts payment by credit or debit card, childcare vouchers, cheques, bank transfer and cash at registration. Please note we do not accept American Express.
- No booking will be fully confirmed until a full payment is received and all child registration is complete.
- Full payment must be paid before any child attends or gets dropped off at camp. If you are paying by cash at registration this must be paid in full on the first day your child is dropped off. If you add on any Early Starts / Late Stays then you must pay the full amount before the session you book on for. KitCrew Camps reserve the right to turn away any child who’s outstanding balance has not been paid in full.
- KitCrew Camps accepts all childcare vouchers as a form of payment for bookings. If we are not registered with your provider, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register with your provider.
- You can part pay your outstanding balance at any time meaning you can pay your balance in instalments up to the commencement of your booking. Once we have received any part payment we shall mark this against your booking. Your remaining balance will be updated online under “My Bookings” and at any time you can pay the remaining balance via debit/credit card.
- Book Now, Pay Later Bookings (Bank transfer, cheque, cash & childcare voucher bookings). If you chose the ‘book now – pay later’ option during the booking process you are responsible for payment. It is your responsibility to inform KitCrew Camps should you decide that you no longer wish to send your children to our camp. KitCrew will notify you of any outstanding balance from that date of notification in line with our cancellation policy. Failure to notify KitCrew of any such decision will not mitigate your responsibilities for payment and you will remain liable for FULL payment from the start date of the course and thereafter.
- Uncleared cheques: We will pass on the bank fee that we are charged as well as our own administration fee of £10 to any parent whose cheque is not cleared by their bank.
- Children booked from overseas are required to have a good level of spoken English so that they can follow the instructions from the leaders and are able to communicate with the other children.
- We do not teach English on our camps.
- We require a local telephone contact number once you are in the UK, in case of an emergency.
NOTICE OF ABSENCE
- If a child is not attending a scheduled day on camp, parents/carers must telephone the Camp Manager or Head Office to allow us to update records.
- All children in our care are covered by our full Public Liability Insurance.
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION PROCEDURES
Our Standard daily times are:
- DROP OFF: 8:30 – 9:30am
- COLLECTION: 4:30 – 5:00pm
We have the extra flexibility of:
- EARLY START: 7:30 – 8:30am
- LATE STAY: 5:00 – 6:00pm
- No Child can be dropped off before 7:30am. We are not insured to have any child on site before 7:30am so parents/guardians must wait with their child until 7:30am.
- A child can only be dropped off before 8:30am if they are booked in for Early Start. They will automatically be enrolled in Early Start if dropped off before 8:30am.
- Children cannot depart before 4:30pm unless arrangements have been made with the Course Leader and Camp Manager to be collected early. KitCrew Camps ask if early collection is to take place that this is done in the lunch time period (12:30 – 1:30pm).
- All children must be picked up by 5pm unless they are booked in for Late Stay. If you do not pick your child up by 5pm your child will be taken from their course area and added to our Late Stay register in the Sports Hall. Please telephone your Camp Manager to let us know if you are going to be late. £5 Late Stay fee will be charged in this instance.
- All children are not allowed to leave the site until their designated collector arrives. All children must be signed out at collection.
- Please inform your Course Leader at registration if a different person will be collecting your child or if the child has been given permission to make their own arrangements for getting home (walk, bike, bus or taxi).
LATE COLLECTION AFTER 6PM
- The latest collection time for Late Stays is 6:00pm. If you know you are struggling to make 6pm make sure to phone your Camp Manager. Any collections later than 6:00pm will subject to a late pickup fine, charged at £1 per minute over 6:00pm. Payable upon collection.
- We reserve the right to refuse to offer Late Stays to persistent offenders should it deem the parent unreliable in collecting their child by 6:00pm. The Late Stay fee for future days would be refunded in these circumstances.
- Late stays are bookable each morning at registration.
- Some sites may enforce that we wait outside the premises after 6pm. The Camp Manager and one other member of staff will wait with any children.
- If no contact has been made with parent/guardian after 30 minutes the local Social Services department will be contacted as per our Uncollected Child Policy.
- The best available price will always be offered to you at the time of booking.
- Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with each other. If you have multiple discount codes, the best rate will be offered to you.
From time to time we may need to amend our activities, services, dates and venues for reasons, within or outside our control. In these circumstances we will transfer your booking to another KitCrew Camps venue and/or alternative dates as advertised at that time by KitCrew Camps. To ensure the process of changing venues runs as smoothly as possible KitCrew Camps will offer complimentary unlimited Early Starts (7:30 – 8:30am) and Late Stay (5:00 – 6:00pm). Under no circumstances will there be a refund or compensation to the customer. Please note that not all activities appear on the timetable daily, therefore if you are booking individual days we cannot guarantee specific activities on particular days.
ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
- In the unlikely case that we are unable to run the camp due to adverse weather conditions KitCrew Camps will offer a full refund or credit for another day
- KitCrew will endeavour to advise customers of any closure by means of email, text or notification on the KitCrew Camps website/Facebook Page as soon as possible. The website will be updated with the most up to date information.
- If customers are unable to attend camp during adverse weather conditions but the camp is open, no refund will be applicable.
- Adverse weather conditions are determined by either an Amber or Red weather warning issued by the met office via local or national TV & Radio or via the website www.metoffice.gov.uk
- It is the responsibility of parents to ensure children have appropriate clothing and sun protection.
- We reserves the right to alter the advertised timetable but would provide a replacement similar activity to that cancelled. We aim to complete one “premium activity” per day on the Kool Kidz/Tom Cats courses. Due to change of weather this is not always possible.
- KitCrew Camps does not provide lunch for any child. They must arrive with a packed lunch, adequate snacks and water bottle every day.
- In the event a child does not bring their lunch/water bottle to camp we will first attempt to phone the contact details given to advise parents/guardians that they will need to bring their packed lunch to camp. If we cannot make contact or parents/guardians are unable to return to camp to provide lunch, we will source a suitable lunch for the child at a cost of £10 per occasion. This covers the cost of staff time, transport and food/drink.
- Water fountains will be available at each site.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our course, you must report it at once to the Camp Manager of the course so that we are given the opportunity to resolve the problem.
- Should we not be able to resolve your problem, you may use the Customer Feedback Form found online to put your complaint in writing.
- Should we still not be able to resolve your issue you should ask for a copy of our complaints policy.
- We accept responsibility for those elements of the course under our direct control. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of enjoyment due to factors outside of our control such as: bad weather, travel arrangements, strikes, loss or damage to personal property or illness suffered whilst on the course.
MOBILE PHONES, TABLETS & ELECTRICAL DEVICES
- All electrical devices are prohibited on camp. If found, children will be asked to place the device in the Camp Manager box which will be locked and secured at all times.
- Parents/Guardians are required to contact the Camp Manager if they wish to speak with their child during camp.
- KitCrew Camps will not take any responsibility for the damage or loss of any electronic devices that are brought onto camp.
- It is strictly prohibited to allow a child with a device with internet access on to camp.
- We recommend strongly that children do not bring valuables, money or jewellery onto site. We will not be held responsible for the loss of any valuables.
- KitCrew Camps is not liable for any lost or damaged property on camp.
- KitCrew advises all property it marked clearly with full name of child.
- Lost property will remain on camp until the last day of camp and should be collected before the last day.
- KitCrew will actively encourage children to remember all of their belongings and return lost property to its rightful owner.
- Unclaimed lost property will be given to charity and will not be left at the school.
- KitCrew Camps requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
- KitCrew Camps will only administer medication if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional.
- KitCrew Camps asks that children attending camp have been toilet-trained. If a child is still in nappies, he/she is unsuitable for camp activities, and the company asks that the child is not booked onto camp.
- KitCrew Camps understands that accidents can happen, and suggests that younger children bring a change of clothes. KitCrew Camps may ask parents to remove a child who soils persistently – in which case no refund will be given.
- In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to children in our care, and the emergency services will be called if necessary.
- Essential prescribed medication must be handed in to each child’s Camp Manager for safe-keeping. All KitCrew Camps First Aid policies are in line with Ofsted recommendations.
- We suggest that all parents whose children carry Epipens arrange for a qualified medical practitioner to demonstrate use of the Epipen to our first aider, Camp Manager and Crew Leader on their first day at camp. If this is not possible then we will accept a demonstration given by a parent/guardian instead.
- By ticking the Terms and Condition box you give permission for sunscreen to be administered if necessary. You are also agreeing to use of photographs and videos from camp to be used solely in marketing purposes and on social media platforms. Please specify if you do not want your child’s picture to be taken and our Camp Managers will organise this. You also give permission for us to seek medical advice and/or treatment in an emergency and in the event that you cannot be contacted.
BEHAVIOUR CODE OF CONDUCT
By booking with KitCrew Camps you are agreeing to the Parent – Child – Staff behaviour Code of Conduct and are aware of the steps in behaviour management. Copy of this found on website.
By booking with KitCrew Camps you are agreeing to email and text marketing unless you specify otherwise.
Most courses at KitCrew Camps include one or more adventurous activities. The centre’s staff have, and fully accept, a duty of care to make those activities as safe as is reasonably practical. They are required to adhere to a comprehensive set of safety rules and there is a quality management system to monitor the fact that rules and procedures are adhered to.
However, adventurous activities are inherently hazardous and cannot be completely risk free however hard we try. Accidents can happen without any contributory negligence from the centre or its staff.
Moreover, the environment at the centre is such that we cannot “fence off” all hazardous areas. Your son or daughter must therefore help our staff to look after their safety by listening carefully to instructions, by doing what they are asked to do and by not being reckless by trying to do more than they have been briefed to do. Only give your consent if you are confident that they will behave responsibly in this way. The centre can accept no responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property or for personal injury not arising as a result of its own action or default.
I understand and accept the above statements. My son or daughter is fit for the course and I will inform the centre before the course of any special medical conditions that might affect my son’s or daughter’s safety.