KitCrew Camps pride themselves on offering the best school holiday activities for children and being the number one trusted childcare provider for parents. This means offering the best venues, with the most premium equipment, amazing timetable of activities and crucially recruiting FANTASTIC STAFF!
Thus we are are looking to attract the most amazing Course Leaders to deliver our fun, active & educational curriculum of courses! We want the most experienced and qualified members of staff to work on our camps. In return you will receive a fantastic and rewarding school holiday job throughout the year, that provides worthwhile work experience with children, life-skills, and importantly pays well!
We are looking for any of the below:
- University undergraduate students who have the skills and confidence to teach and coach children. Who are willing to work in their long Easter and Summer holidays when they are not studying…maybe even some Half Terms throughout their Degree course! Who want to return year-on-year throughout their studying.
- People who want a career working with children or in sports. Offering aspiring teachers, sports coaches and dance instructors real hands-on experience working with children, and the chance to gain managerial experience such as curriculum delivery, activity instruction and staff management, all so important for your career progression.
- Qualified Teachers and Self-employed Coaches who want to work in their School Holidays.
- Any person, sixth formers and college students who have the confidence and skills to stand-up in front of children and be responsible of their well-being and delivering a fun and safe experience while at camp.
Skills particular to each course:
Little Munchkins (4-6yrs): Early years specialists, nursery workers and play leaders. Concentrating on child development. Skills needed: Basic arts & crafts, cooking, performance, games leader.
Only Girls Aloud! (7-12yrs): Dance instructors, Art/Drama/Music/Cookery Teachers. Concentrating on female development. Skills needed: Dance choreography, arts & crafts, cooking, performance, games leader.
Kool Kidz & Tom Cats (7-12yrs): Teachers, sports coaches and PE specialists who are driven, proactive and confident to deliver an action-packed course of multi sports and outdoor adventurous activities. Skills needed: Strong sports hall and classroom management, leadership, sports knowledge.
Course Leaders are paid in line with age, experience and national living wage:
17 yrs old = £38 per day (£190 per week)
18 – 20 yrs old = £52 per day (£260 per week)
21 – 24 yrs old = £66 per day (£330 per week)
25 yrs old + = £70 per day (£350 per week)
*if you have skills, qualifications and experience of working for KitCrew Camps over various holidays then you can slide up the pay scale.
DAYS: In a normal five day week you will work from Monday – Friday (because of some Bank Holidays we do also operate a 4 day week, in which case your pay is pro-rated).
TIMES: The week is split between members of staff to cover Early Starts & Late Stays throughout the week (see the rota below to see how it is broken down).
You will cover:
- 3 x Days when you do not cover Early Start or Late Stay your working hours are: 8:10am – 5:10pm (9 hours)
- 2 x Early Starts (be ready to work at 7:30am thus an extra 40 minutes on those days)
- 2 x Late Stays (depart 6:00pm thus an extra 50 minutes on those days)
- 5 x 20 minute break taken between 12:30 – 1:30 (rota worked out between courses to ensure staff are on different breaks)
TOTAL HOURS PER WEEK: 46 hours 20 minutes
- Commitment to providing quality childcare.
- Enthusiastic, confident and able to work on own initiative.
- Good team worker.
- Able to communicate well with children, parents/guardians and members of staff.
- Experience of working in a non-discriminatory manner and a good understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- Willingness to attend relevant training.
- A clear understanding of, and ability to implement and work within the National Standards for Childcare.
- At least two years experience of working with children
- Childcare qualifications at least working towards level 3.
- Coaching badges. i.e. Football Association, Netball, Tennis etc.
- Creative qualifications. i.e. Musical, Dance, Singing etc.
- Other relevant qualifications, e.g. Paediatric First Aid, Life Guard, Safeguarding.
- Disclosure and Barring Service, (DBS) clearance
- To aid Crew Trainees on their daily duties.
- To alert management of a lack of resources or missing/broken equipment.
- To follow course design as directed
- To organise the allocation of equipment and members of staff to instruct activities
- To follow strict health & safety guidelines, risk assessments and standard operating procedures during activities and at all times.
- To ensure good behaviour from children.
- To offer the children an appropriate level of support and range of creative play activities.
- To deal with any concerns over the children, parents/carers or safety of equipment, and to maintain confidentiality.
- To liaise with Camp Managers and Crew Directors on any issues.
- To tidy away designated course area at the end of every day.
- To promote the use of Early Start & Late Stay to all parents.
- Any other task as may reasonably requested by the management body.
If you have the KitCrew experience or skills that stand out we shall you make you the Course Leader for your chosen course. This position provides you some extra responsibilities and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that need to be met. These include:
- Delegate to other Crew Leaders under your control roles and responsibilities (to ensure that all children are looked after, equipment is set up etc.)
- Ensure the course syllabus is delivered.
- Delegate cleaning routines to your Crew Leaders to ensure your course area is kept clean and tidy.
- On the final Friday of camp ensure the course area is put back to how it was inherited. Laminated course area photos to be used for inspection.
- Organising registrations routines upon drop off and collection.
- Main point of contact to talk to parents/guardians and answer any questions
- Liaise with the Camp Manager daily on outstanding issues and to provide updates.
In exchange for these extra responsibilities if the KPI’s are met at the end of each week (after an inspection by the Camp Manager of your course area on the Friday afternoon) then a reward voucher of £10 is provided. Thus over a Summer holiday if KPIs are met every week for 5 weeks, you will be given £50 of high street voucher! A deserving reward.
If you feel you have got what it take to be a KitCrew Course Leader then we want to hear from you! Hit the button below and fill out an application form… we shall be in touch!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”1188″ img_size=”large” onclick=”custom_link” alignment=”center” link=”http://www.kitcrewcamps.co.uk/online-staff-application-form/”][/vc_column][/vc_row]