All about the Course
Learn all about how to deliver fun and exciting activities all while becoming a role model for younger children. Become part of the team with your own blue KitCrew t-shirt and work through a learning journal to earn rewards along the way!
Communication…Leadership…Work Experience…Childcare Skills…Make Friends…Improve Self-esteem…Gain Confidence…CV Enhancing
…a great way to prepare you for your career and as a KitCrew Leader of the future!
“KitCrew Camps have devised a Crew Trainee course to bridge the gap between our oldest attendees and paid working members of staff, strengthening our ethos that “Everybody is welcome in our Crew!”.
Typical Crew Trainee Timetable
A full development program aimed at giving older children the skills and experience needed to become an activity instructor of the future. With detailed working plans, coaching aids, evaluations and direct one-to-one sessions with a dedicated Mentor member of staff, your child will gain valuable experience, receive working references for their Personal Development Plan and CV and work towards nationally recognised Sports Leaders Awards that will benefit them in their future school life/careers.
You can choose what venue you want to go to, what dates you want to attend and even what course you want to assist on (Little Munchkins, Only Girls Aloud! or Kool Kidz/Tom Cats). All we ask is that you’re hard-working, reliable, friendly and have plenty of energy!!
With a progressive levelling up system with rewards given at each new level obtained, your child will want to come back in the summer – and next summer – and next summer…”
Why become a Crew Trainee?
- Learn childcare skills and activity instruction tuition from the most experienced Leaders, Coaches and Teachers.
- Have a dedicated Crew Mentor who will help you with all of your training.
- While at camp wear an exclusive Crew Trainee t-shirt branded pale blue t-shirt to make up your uniform.
- Take part and assist with the many amazing activities we run.
- Choose your course you want to work on, experience Little Munchkins and then try out Kool Kidz another time??
- Make lots of working friends with like-minded people around your age group.
- Receive a “Working Accreditation” Certificate at the end of your placement.
Crucially the new course will be led by a new member of staff, called a Crew Mentor, ensuring all children aged 13-16 have a staff member responsible for them and for whom they report to. This has enabled KitCrew Camps to greatly enhance the training and development we provide all Crew Trainees; offering working journals, learning resources, evaluation forms, and even working towards Nationally recognised awards and qualifications that will be useful in their future careers. This will also ensure they have the skills and training to become our paid leaders of the future.
We have also devised a progressional levelling up system to provide a platform of goals for Crew Trainees to work towards. Also the offering of rewards for Crew Trainees and parents at each new Level will provide incentives to return summer after summer!
How to Book
We have made it much easier for you to book the days, venue, and course your child wants to assist on. No longer do you have to apply and wait to hear back about your placement, the process is now much simpler:
- REGISTER (or LOG IN if you already have an account)
- Hit the BOOK NOW button, choose your SCHOOL HOLIDAY and then your VENUE.
- Add your Child’s details, choose CREW TRAINEE course and then what course they want to ASSIST ON: Little Munchkins (5-6yrs), Only Girls Aloud (7-12yrs) or Kool Kidz/Tom Cats (7-12yrs)
- Choose the DATES you want them to attend. No longer have to attend for a whole week, you can choose individual days. Add on any Early Starts or Late Stays you wish.
To support the costs of the new course, it is now a payable course. It is the same price as our other courses, £35 per day, or £140 for the whole week (5 days for the price of 4!).
There are only FOUR Crew Trainee positions available to assist on each of the three courses, thus in total 12 Crew Trainee positions available each day at each venue. So make sure not to miss out, bookings available online NOW!