Looking to volunteer your time to gain valuable work experience working with children and instructing activities? Perhaps you need evidence of hours spent volunteering for your University course or to gain a Duke of Edinburgh award. Or even you may want to show the KitCrew team what you are capable of looking to gain a future paid position within the Crew. Then look no further than our Crew Volunteer position. You do not pay to attend, nor do you get paid – however you are treated like a member of staff and we expect you to act like one. Get involved and learn loads skills and activity instruction, all while receiving a working accreditation at the end of your placement!
- Working Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
- To assist Course Leader and Crew Leaders in instructing the course.
- To help in the set-up of equipment for activities.
- To ensure good behaviour from children.
- To update learning folder throughout the week.
- Participate in activities setting an example for younger children.
- Good team worker.
- Able to communicate well with children.
- Experience working with children
- Pick which course you want to volunteer on.
- Cycle through different courses to gain experience in different areas of childcare.
- Learn activity instruction and tuition
- Improve communication, social and leadership skills
- Have something great for your CV
- Have lots of fun getting involved in activities during your School Holidays
- Receive a “Working Accreditation” certificate
- If requested KitCrew will supply a reference on the LinkedIn social media platform, enhancing your chances of a future career.
- Complete your accredited volunteer working hours needed for your University Course (Early Childhood Studies, Duke of Edinburgh Award etc.)
- Enhance your chances of getting a PAID position with KitCrew Camps in the future